NVQ LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA ADULT SOCIAL CARE
NVQ stands for National Vocational Qualifications in England and is equivalent to the Scottish Vocational Qualification (SVQ) in Scotland. NVQs have been the mainstay of British educational frameworks since 1986 and taken on many different forms over the years, for example, the regulatory bodies changing, the grading criteria and the list of subjects offered.
This level 3 qualification was created to develop and reward health and social care workers today and, in the future, to continue bringing recognition and professionalism to the sector. This programme’s rationale is to provide a career path for learners who wish to develop their care capabilities within Adult Care settings, support workers with critical responsibilities for delivering care and support and or a level of supervision.
Universities can credit this qualification to those seeking to join nursing and social work. However, those that do not wish to go to university can also use it as a platform to progress supervisory or management relearning outcomes.
Aspiring to help the most vulnerable community members to thrive, stay safe, become more independent is admirable because you are making a difference in the life of someone who could help themselves. Our Qualifi approved level 3 NVQ programme in Health and Social Care will help you reach your fullest potential and make a more significant impact on the lives of the most vulnerable community members. Our program will equip you with the essential skills you will need to get started in this sector. You will look at equality and diversity, growth, and development, as well as the role of safeguarding and protection in health and social care. Although you will not need to attend a placement to complete this course, we recommend you complete around 30 hours of relevant work experience to support your learning if not in paid or voluntary employment within Health and Social Care.
Who is this course for?
The Level 3 Diploma in Care aims to confirm occupational competence for Adult Care Workers or Healthcare Support Workers. This is a vocationally based qualification that offers learners an opportunity to demonstrate their knowledge and understanding, practical skills required to be.
- An Adult Care Worker in an adult care setting
- Health care assistant
- A Support Worker
- Personal Assistant in a healthcare support environment.
Entry to the qualifications will be through a centre interview, and learners must demonstrate the qualification requirements and have access to required assessment opportunities and relevant resources.
Centres should undertake initial assessment activities with learners to ensure this is an appropriate qualification. Thus, they can achieve the level they will be studying before enrolling in learning the programme.
- The ability to read and use appropriate literature with a full and critical understanding the ability to think independently and solve problems.
- Applying subject knowledge and understanding to address familiar and unfamiliar problems.
- Recognising the moral and ethical issues of health and social care practice and research; appreciating the need for ethical standards and professional codes of conduct
- An appreciation of the interdisciplinary nature of health and social care service provision
- Capacity to give a clear and accurate account of a subject maturely and engage in debate and dialogue with specialists and non-specialists.
- To develop transferable skills and knowledge.
- To motivate individuals to progress to further professional development through future study or as part of their chosen career.
- Learners who hold a Level 2 and/or QUALIFI Level 3 Diploma qualifications in H&SC (See Learner Guide December 2016 10).
- Learners with work experience in the health and social care field experience and demonstrate their career goals and ambition clearly.
- Learners in possession of a level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in health and social care.
- An introduction to Health and Social Care
- Communication for Health and Social Care
- Promoting Health in the Population
- Person-Centred Care
- Understanding Diabetes Care
- Understanding Stroke Care
- Understanding Dementia Care
Our course is
- Approved by Qualifi qualification and it is recognised all over the UK, Europe and beyond.
- Have unlimited tutor support and help from personal tutors available via email and phone.
Why Study with us?
You will have unlimited tutor support and help from personal tutors available via email and phone.
Study with a company that cares.
We care about the quality of learning and support that we provide to you.
Gain a formal qualification.
Have you always wanted to gain a formal qualification after so many years in health and social care? Our Level 3 Diploma in Care is recognised formal qualification that will help you progress into more senior positions.
Awarding Body: Qualifi
Our Course: RQF Level 3 Dip
Qualification Code: 603/5128/7
Official Qualification Title: Qualifi Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
Credit Equivalency: 60
Study Hours – 200
Study Method – Distance Learning
Course Duration – Learners will have up to 1 year to complete the course. The course provides 200 guided study hours which should be ample time for learners to complete it
Assessment – You will be expected to undertake assessments, assignments, essays, research projects, posters and leaflets, presentations, video, audio recordings, work based and practical learning session throughout the course,
Successful learners will be awarded a OFQUAL Qualifi Level 2 Diploma in Care. You can read more about OFQUAL here.
Difficult – Level 2
Entry Requirements – There are no formal entry requirements for this course, but candidates will require a good command of written and spoken English.